Well i was very very nervous to meet Jim's parents. With all my preconceived notions of what a normal family must be like, i seriously had the jitters. Part of me was screaming i did not want to meet his parents at all, and the other half was saying get over it, this is what i wanted, normal people in my life.
Funny how life throws tests at people: to tell others around you what you are made of. Course at point. There we were driving to red water Texas, and I see a small baby deer or just a little bigger than a baby deer running in daylight down the road. I'm first thinking , hey this thing must have rabies to be doing this in daylight, but as we got closer i could see the blood on its side. I say omg, Jim stop. Jim doesn't. Jim saw the deer but said his parents are expecting him, and his mother likes to keep everything on time. I look at him thinking "your nuts: we need to get this baby some help! Forget about dinner, call them and lets take care of this deer.
Well Jim finally stops after I say something like "don't you care for anything but your self?"and he backups about a mile. Jim to say the least is very pissed. I get out of the car and walk up to this seriously bleeding, obvious pulse and breathing erratic in pain deer. The deer was a little taller than a medium dog, looked like a dwarf deer at first, I think it was probably 6 months or so.
I walk back to Jim's car, he hasn't even gotten out. I asked him for his blanket he has in his trunk. (its his screw or lucky blanket he keeps for those special moments when he can get a girl to do him, now i have wondered if he ever washed the thing between girls, because i always thought it stunk, eww gross.) So jim gets out and is very very very pissed, going on and on about his parents meeting me, why am i delaying the most important impression i am supposed to be giving his parents. I'm thinking geese, we are going to be a little late, get over it. I just look at him, and is thinking, why am i with this guy? So, instead I turn around and walk over to the deer and put the blanket on the deer. The deer freaks out, guess it didn't like all those girls old pussy stains and smell, who can blame it.
Now Jim is really giving the guilt trips, the first of many of my life. He got off work just for me so he could present me to his parents. I am going to ruin everything. If I didn't want to meet his parents why didn't i just say so. He wouldn't of wasted my time driving all the way to Redwater from Kilgore Texas. The food is probably getting cold. ..... So what do i do? I am thinking i need to call a vet or we can wrap the deer up and stick it in the trunk and drop it off at a vets. Yea thats what i wanted to do. Jim freaks out, I don't want that thing in my car, and by the way constance there is a house over there ask them. The house is a bit of a walk, Jim could of drove us up there, but he didn't.
The house is a very old washboard house and needed a paint job 30 years ago. A black man met me at the door, and he looked very poor. So i am thinking well if i can't get the deer medical treatment because of my ass hole boyfriend and it is going to die, and this man can eat it for food well i guess thats something at least. I tell him about the deer, he did seem a little interested, but not enough to grab the gun from the wall of his house and shoot it, so i know it is not suffering anymore. I walk back to Jim's car, thinking this day is awful and i am getting into an unfeeling person's car who cars more for his parents opinion than the life of a helpless animal.
That was my first eye opener to tell me what kind of man Jim is. The lesson was this and to say the least I didn't get it.
1. Jim cares over much for his parents opinion's even to the cost of someone else's welfare.
2. Jim cares over much for food.
3. Jim may say he likes animals, but he is one of those guys who could say he owns a dog, but wouldn't be the one who would feed or take the daily care of it.
4. Jim is intimidated by his parents.
5. Jim thinks about the cost of everything in terms of i do this for you, and you do this for me, I am talking about the gas money he spent, and the day he asked off from work in turn I am benefited with his presence and his money he spent for me in gas and convince store chips and coke and the ultimate sacrifice his willingness for me to meet his parents. I should be so.......................grateful.
march 18 2008
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment